France has air and sea delivered nuclear weapons, or Force de Frappe (strike force).
Nuclear air-launched cruise missile; Air-Sol Moyenne Portée (ASMP)
- it is armed with a singular variable yield ‘TN 81’ warhead
- Currently this cruise missile being replaced by the longer-range ASMP-A
- The new cruise missile has the new ‘tête nucléaire aéroporté’ (TNA) 200 kT warhead
It is possible to deliver these missiles with the use of Dassault Mirage 2000N,
Rafale, and Super Étendard aircraft
The French nuclear aircraft carrier Charles-de-Gaulle has Rafale aircraft which have
ASMP-A nuclear missiles.
Submarine Launched Ballistic Missiles
Four ballistic missile submarines, Triomphant-class
- each submarine carries a maximum of 16 MIRV M45 and M51 SLBMs
- each submarine has 6-10 TN-75, 100 kT warheads
- The replacement warhead ‘Tête Nucléaire Océanique’ (TNO) will replace the
TN 75, which is on the M51 missile